COVID-19 Resources & Information in Central Florida
The East Orlando Chamber is providing timely COVID-19 resources and information , as well as it's impact throughout Central Florida.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2.
The infection is typically spread from one person to another via respiratory droplets produced during coughing and sneezing. Time from exposure to onset of symptoms is generally between two and 14 days, with an average of five days. Recommended measures to prevent infection include frequent hand washing, maintaining distance from others and not touching one's face. The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the 2019-2020 coronavirus outbreak a pandemic and a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
Your business is Our business. The East Orlando Chamber is here to help make the connections.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Here you will find the CDC's Fact sheet on COVID-19 and you.
Adults 60 and older and those with underlying medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease area more likely to develop serious illness.
The Florida Department of Health provides information on what you need to know about COVID-19 in Florida and what you can do right now. (866-779-6121)
The US Small Business Administration has resources available:
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- The President's "15 Days to Slow the Spread"
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- SBA Products and Resources
- Government Contracting
- Local Assistance
- For questions, please contact the SBA disaster assistance customer service center at 1-800-659-2955 or email: email@example.com (TTY: 1-800-877-8339)
North Florida District Office (Orlando Alternate Work Site)
Orange County Government declared a Local State of Emergency Friday, March 13, 2020.
For the latest updates from Orange County Government visit the Orange County Newsroom
Orange County Public Schools
The Orange County Public Schools is following appropriate protocols to protect staff and students. Information regarding the latest OCPS news including school closures can be found at OCPS.net
Additional School Resources
US Chamber of Commerce
The US Chamber of Commerce has compiled CDC's coronavirus recommendations for businesses and workers across the country. They encourage American businesses to follow data-based guidance from the CDC and state and local officials. Below you will find shareable graphics based on the CDC's latest guidance for businesses and employees. We encourage you to share these assets on social media, websites and other channels, and send them to colleagues and employees.
Other Resources & Additional Information
Healthcare Organizations COVID-19 Hotlines
- AdventHealth COVID-19 (877-VIRUSHQ 24/7)
- CNN - Coronavirus: Fact vs Fiction
- Nemours COVID-19
- Orlando Health COVID-19 (Call 877-321COVID 24/7)
- Orlando VA Healthcare System COVID-19 (877-741-3400 24/7)
- Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Brevard County Emergency Management Office
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- Central Florida Continuum of Care COVID-19
- City of Orlando COVID-19 Updates
- Crisis Assistance Program (rent, mortgage & utilities assistance)
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act & Info
Other Resources Continued
- Florida Public Assistance Grants
- Heart of Florida United Way:
- ALICE Recovery Fund for COVID-19
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- Osceola County Office of Emergency Management
- Price Gouging Hotline - Attorney General (866-966-7226)
- Second Harvest Food Bank (Food Locator)
- Seminole County Office of Emergency Management
- US Department of Labor COVID-19
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission COVID-19
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19