Ribbon Cutting Request
You put a lot of blood sweat and tears into your business. Now that you are open are you ready to attract new customers and clients. Do so by requesting a Ribbon Cutting, Grand Opening, Anniversary or Ground Breaking Ceremony. Welcome fellow members and the community to join you in this celebration, The East Orlando Chamber of Commerce can help you with the planning and promotion of your event and logistics on this special day.
As a benefit of your membership, Ribbon Cuttings, Groundbreaking, and/or Grand Opening events can be schedueled between 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday – Thursday. (fees waived for Gold level members and higher). Please be advised that the Chamber DOES NOT schedule these events on weekends or Holidays. Please complete and submit the following request form to get your special event on the calendar.
Upcoming Ribbon Cutting Events
Other Upcoming Chamber Events
RESPONSIBILITIES OF HOST
- Provide space for guests. Ensure ample and clearly marked parking space is available for guests.
- Please submit your application with a copy of your logo in JPG or PNG format along with a Flyer (to include Chamber’s logo) to the Chamber at least four (4) weeks prior to your event, for use in The Source, e-blast reminders, and the Chamber’s online calendar.
- Please provide event details to the Chamber for use in promoting your event (food & beverage, door prizes, entertainment, etc.)
- Invite your customers, your vendors, staff, friends and family members to attend. They are your best referral source.
- Additional ways to promote your event: put the event on your website, include in your e-newsletter; add to your social media; create and send an Evite to all your contacts; create and send a press release.
- Provide Food & Beverages for 30-50 guests. Alcoholic beverages are optional. Nothing fancy is required. Keep it simple.
- Work with your vendor or suppliers to see if they would like to donate or sponsor the food and beverages for an opportunity to meet potential new customers for themselves. We have a list of members and their specially rated menus for fellow Chamber members.
- Additional Resource: Membership Directory for list of Restaurants, Event Planners, or Caterers who have special pricing for fellow members.
- Business After Hours events begin at 5:30 PM and end at 7:00 PM, Monday – Thursday evenings and should not conflict with previously scheduled Chamber programming. Please check with the Chamber staff if you would like to make any changes, otherwise we may or may not be able to accommodate your request.
- Ribbon Cuttings/Groundbreaking/Grand Opening events are scheduled between 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday – Thursday. They can also be scheduled in conjunction with a Business After Hours which we highly recommend.
**PLEASE NOTE: THE CHAMBER DOES NOT SCHEDULE THESE EVENTS ON THE WEEKEND**
- As the host, you will have an opportunity to talk about who you are and what you do. You may also use this time to announce new products or services, share a brief company history, or highlight attributes that set you apart from your competition.
- Tours of your business and demonstrations are highly recommended. Use this opportunity to show off.
- Encourage your staff to attend; we would like to get to know them too!
- Door prizes attract attendees and highly recommended! Please provide at least three (3) door prizes with a minimum value of $10 each. Let the Chamber know the details of the items you will be giving away to assist with promotions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EAST ORLANDO CHAMBER
- Pre-event coordination, including scheduling date, time, and place.
- Promotion prior to the event in Chamber E-Newsletter, website, and social media as schedule permits.
- Staffed registration table with name tags, sign-in sheet, and business card drop for door prizes. Hosts will receive a copy of the sign-in sheet and business cards for post-event follow up.
- Invitations to the EOCC Board of Directors and Ambassadors and Elected Officials upon request.
- For Ribbon Cuttings, the Chamber will provide the scissors and ribbon to be used in the ceremony.
For additional information, please contact the Chamber’s office at (407) 277-5951 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org